Hair AnalysisCan be done long distance
- What is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis?
- Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of your hair reflects the mineral content of your body's tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in your hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body, or bio-unavailability.
- Example: If your hair reveals an elevated calcium two or three times normal, then your calcium level within your body may be elevated also. If this is the case, a strong tendency exists for arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries due to calcium plaques).
- Why Test for Minerals?
- Minerals are the "sparkplugs" of life. They are involved in almost all enzyme reactions within your body. Without enzyme activity, life ceases to exist. A trace mineral analysis is preventive as well as being useful as a screening tool.
- Who Needs a Hair Analysis?
- Anyone who is found ill and no explanation can be found, or when the cause seems to be found but the therapy is not wholly effective. Hair analysis opens up a whole new vista for the solving of your particular problem by recognizing your biochemical individuality.
Even if you are not experiencing a severe problem, abnormal changes in body chemistry and nutritional deficiency may result in early, subtle changes in the body such as:
- White spots in fingernails – indicates a possible zinc deficiency
- Longitudinal ridging in nails – indicates an iron deficiency
- Brittle hair and nails – calcium and copper imbalance
- Deep grooves across nails – calcium deficiency
- Stretch marks – zinc deficiency
- Lack of growth – zinc deficiency
- Mood swings – possible toxic metal accumulation such as lead, mercury, or cadmium.
The above indicators are early signs of metabolic disturbances and may lead to serious problems if left unchecked.
Common Causes of a Mineral Imbalance:
- Improper Diet – such as excessive intake of carbohydrates and sugars, strict vegetarian diets or other exclusive diets
- Taking vitamins and minerals which are not compatible with your current body chemistry
- Birth control pills
- Accumulations of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobby
- Inheritance of mineral patterns from parents
Hair analysis is an alternative and invaluable screening tool which allows a correct program of diet and supplementation to be designed for your specific needs. Never before has there been available a metabolic blueprint with such a degree of applicable scientific accuracy.