Solving the riddle of modern life
- Happy Spring! I have a riddle for you: can you guess what I'm describing?
- • It is a normal part of human existence and yet no one is immune to it.
- • Your body was designed for it, in short bursts followed by long periods of rest and relaxation.
- • It is invisible, can be insidious and can cause and/or aggravate health issues.
- • Amazingly, you don't always notice how it affects you, because it can be motivating — it can drive you to get things done. For instance, when you lift weights, it challenges the muscle and produces growth.
- By now, you have probably guessed what I am describing, which is something we are all very familiar with: stress!
Somehow, in our modern world, rest and relaxation is now considered a luxury. We can easily get caught up in the hustle, the grind, ever pushing and stretching to get it all done. Do we ever get it done? Thus begins the hamster wheel that is so easy to get caught up on.
Since April is Stress Awareness Month, it's a great time to arm ourselves with knowledge so that we recognize when stress rears its ugly head!
Here are some signs that stress is out of hand:
- • Inability to concentrate or follow through on tasks
- • Get sick more, often with colds
- • Body aches
- • Other illnesses like autoimmune diseases flare up
- • Headaches
- • Irritability
- • Trouble falling sleeping, staying asleep
- • Changes in appetite-cravings for sugar, need for caffeine
- • More irritable or anxious than usual
- Ready to look deeper at your own levels of stress?
- Click here for a 4 Key Stressors Questionnaire to help you reflect on areas of life where stress may be showing up.
- Then, watch for emails over the month with my suggestions for each area!
- Have questions? Message me!