Rules of the Mind
- Hello from Portugal!
- Right now, I am taking some time to recharge and relax with my family on a trip to Portugal. We are enjoying the new experiences, food, and culture of this beautiful place!
Several years ago, I could barely leave my house due to anxiety, but now travel is one of my passions and something that is a part of living my best life. Rapid Transformational Therapy was a life-changing discovery for me and it has been an amazing addition to my holistic nutritional practice!
I would love to help you live your best life and not be held back by limiting beliefs!
Today, I want to share with you some rules of the mind and how it influences our bodies.
- Did you know the mind plays by rules?
- As an RN, I have been fascinated by how our mind influences our body. What I have learned about the power of the mind has been nothing short of amazing!
For simplicity's sake, our mind has 2 parts, the conscious, the thinking and critical part, and the subconscious, which is the feeling portion of the mind.
When we are born, it is the subconscious mind that is present. It records every sensation, every feeling, experience, conversation, and stores it. We filter all our experiences based on the meanings we have made early on in life.
It's not what happens to us, it's the meaning we make out of it that defines our lives.
The subconscious mind also does not have the ability to reject anything.
One of the reasons we learn so quickly as babies and children is because of the subconscious mind. Babies and children are literal sponges.
The subconscious mind never sleeps, never stops its surveillance. It's like a scan disk and it has certain rules. It is an amazing filter.
Being aware of these rules can help you to understand many aspects of your behavior.
- A Few Rules of the Mind:
- Your mind only does what it thinks you want it to do (these may sound a bit odd but allow yourself to just be curious). Your mind can give you a sense of connection by being sick. Being ill can also give you a sense of importance.
- Your mind responds to the words and pictures you tell it. Self-talk is critical here. Are you aware of your inner dialogue? Play with the idea of being an observer to eavesdrop on your thoughts. This is really insightful. Get into a habit of telling yourself the things you want to hear.
- It drives you towards what is familiar and away from unfamiliar. Even if its chronic pain or illness, it is familiar.
- It does all it can to keep you alive and away from what it perceives as danger. It can keep you in a comfort zone, even if you have outgrown that comfort zone.
- Every habit of action is run by a habit of thought. Even if the thoughts are unconscious, our habits are run by a pattern of thoughts.
- If you are interested in how Rapid Transformational Therapy can help you, please fill out the form on my website to get started. Link below!
I would love to help you live your best life!
- Testimony from a recent RTT client who suffered from 50 plus years of anxiety
- "Thank you for the session, I did not know life could be like this, I feel so calm. I have never slept so well, and I am excited for the first time about my future!"